1st Team Manager – Volunteer Role Opportunity10th June 2020
South East Athletic are looking for a new 1st team manager for the coming 2020/21 season onwards.
We are an ambitious grassroots football club, currently based in the Lewisham/Greenwich area of South East London, with all six of our teams (5 adult teams in the form of 1st Team, Reserves, A’s, Vets and Sunday team and 1 youth) training and playing their home games out of Long Lane JFC.
An opportunity has arisen for a 1st team manager to get involved with the club. The position is on a volunteer basis and at this moment in time there will be no remuneration or expenses paid.
What does the role involve?
- Uphold the good name and be an ambassador for the club’s values, acting in a manner befitting of a club with a good reputation for excellent behaviour on and off the pitch.
- Install own assistants/1st team coaches as deemed necessary and assist with recruitment of other coaches to other teams across the club should vacancies/need arise.
- Match day management of the 1st team squad (every Saturday throughout the season) Including but not limited to:
- Defining of Pre-Season Requirements and Friendly Match Requirements, liaising with committee to ensure suitable venue availability/hire.
- Week by Week squad and team selections, match day management of squad. Payment of Referee (funds provided by club!) and texting results to league.
- Training/coaching every Wednesday (@ Long Lane JFC, Kidbrooke, 8pm-9.30pm)
- Working with other managers/coaches within the club to organise and structure each weeks session. Taking the lead as manager/coach of the 1st team to structure training in a suitable way.
- Running training sessions with various players from across the club, mainly focussing on 1st team but with an eye on those performing well in Reserve’s.
- Create good relationships with the clubs other management teams and communicate well over player performance, liaising closely on players interchanging between squads.
- Monitor 1st team engagement across the club and participate in club fund-raising and social activities.
- Progress the 1st team on the pitch, developing players already with the club as well as attracting and retaining good players with the right attitudes to help push the club forward.
- Liaise with the committee on all matters important within the club to ensure on-field success is maximised.
What will the ideal candidate bring?
- Managerial experience at County league level or equivalent.
- Excellent communicator, able to engage with players of different learning types and different personality traits and lead all successfully.
- Progressive individual; who wants to succeed on the pitch and bring forward ideas for success.
- Good coach, who can plan and lead training sessions for the club, engaging with other coaches and team managers.
- Has an understanding of how an amateur football club operates and can engage with the Committee as necessary, forming positive relationships at all levels with a common goal of progressing the club towards its ultimate ambitions.
What will the club bring?
We have an active Committee of 8 members who work hard behind the scenes to ensure the club is kept running successfully and they would be fully supportive of a new manager. Alongside this the manager will be supported by:
- Dedicated committee member support, this person is responsible for overseeing of all football elements of the club and will work closely with the successful applicant to build strong relationships and provide any necessary support and be a go-to person for anything required by the manager.
- Potential to support personal development of the manager, for the right candidate the club will fund the undertaking of courses and/or further FA “badges” wherever possible.
- Provide all reasonable requests for any equipment to support training and/or match day set up for managers.
- Kit washing all taken care of by the club.
- No financial responsibilities, players subs are collected centrally, manager doesn’t have to get involved in chasing players for cash or collecting/recording of money on a match day.
How to apply?
Please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org in the first instance with some information about yourself and your footballing background. The club will then contact you to discuss further.
A CALL FOR ARMS
A new and exciting prospect has opened up for our football club, South East Athletic. We were recently informed that we would have to stop using our club badge with immediate effect. Our club badge has been used by us for over 8 years and understandably we have built up a lot of equipment, kit as well as goodwill using the badge.
We are hoping to mark this change in our club’s history with a new and exciting badge that we can call our own. We would like to open this call for a new set of arms to anyone who wishes to get involved. We are asking for potential new badges to be sent to us that highlight or include some of the key pieces that give us our identity. We would like the badge to include the following aspects of our history: a lion (to give us a link to our old badge); our Irish heritage; our recognisable colours of navy and sky; and the fact we have played in and around South East London for all of our history.
A new badge will mark a new era for our football club and we’re excited by what it may bring for us. We hope you can support us in this transition into a new phase of our history.
To submit ideas or sketches of a badge idea, please use the email email@example.com
Where do we play?
All 7 of our teams play in the same location, which is a great luxury that we have this opportunity for the SEA youth at the age of 6 to see right through to the vibrant vets all at the same place ... use the map to locate us
KCFL Intermediate Challenge Shield: 2018/19
KCFL Div 3 Champions: 2015/16
BDFL Premier Div Champions: 2011/12, 2014/15
BDFL Premier Div Runners Up: 2013/14
BDFL Second Div Champions: 2004/05
BDFL Ron Pope Trophy Winners: 2006/07
BDFL Challenge Cup Winners: 2013/14
WFA Burdett Coutts Cup Winners: 2008/09,14/15
WFA Burdett Coutts Cup Runners Up: 2012/13
BDFL Charity Cup Runners Up: 2013/14
BDFL Jr Challenge Cup Runners Up: 2005/ 06
BDFL Sportsmans Trophy Winners: 11/12, 13/14
BDFL Goal Getters Cup Winners: 2004/05, 13/14